The VG Meats Chili Bowl is Back!
The first weekend in February marks two very important events: Super Bowl LIII and the second annual VG Meats Chili Bowl in Stoney Creek! Are you ready? It’s time to roll up your sleeves, make your best pot of chili and wow your fellow foodies. (Or, just show up and eat/vote – we’re ok with that, too.) There are great prizes to be won – plus, bragging rights to last a lifetime!
Last year, our inaugural culinary competition was a great success – we’re still thinking about that incredible winning chili by Mary Pat Elliott (not to mention the other great recipes – there were no bad entries, to be honest). If you think your chili is this year’s winner, it’s time to prove it. We’re accepting Chili Bowl entries now!
What you need to know: our official rules
- This contest is open to all customers but not to staff employed by VG Meats.
- You are welcome to use any protein you want (beef, pork, turkey, etc) but it must be from VG Meats. A receipt will be required as confirmation of this.
- Entrants must sign up via Facebook prior to the contest (just send us a DM). If you don’t have Facebook account, please call a VG Meats store to sign up by phone. All entrants will receive email confirmation of their entry.
- A maximum of eight (8) entrants in total will be accepted.
- Entrants must deliver a minimum of 12 cups of prepared chili to VG Meats in Stoney Creek before 9:30 am on February 2nd. You are welcome to bring in more – remember, you don’t want to run out of samples and lose votes!
- While the contest is taking place at our Stoney Creek store, entrants will be able to drop off their chili at our Simcoe location before a specified time on February 1st.
- The winner must agree to share their chili recipe with VG Meats. This recipe will then be shared via our social media channels – so if it’s a secret family recipe, understand that it won’t be a secret much longer!
- All sampling and voting will be supervised by VG Meats staff. Entrants are welcome to come by the store, try the entries and even cast a vote. All ages can participate, so bring your family and friends!
- Votes will be cast by paper ballot and are limited to ONE per person. Entries will be labeled by random number, not entrant name.
- The sampling/voting period will begin at 11:00 am and end at 2:00 pm OR whenever samples run out.
- A winner will be announced before the Super Bowl on February 3rd, 2019.
So, what’s in it for you? Well, aside from bragging rights and the coveted title of 2019 VG Meats Chili Bowl Champion, we’re giving the lucky winner a prize pack consisting of a Tomahawk Steak, a 10 lb box of lean ground beef and a $100 gift card to VG Meats (a total value of $200). The second prize winner will get a 10 lb box of lean ground beef (approximately $50 in value). Because what does amazing chili get you? More beef to make more amazing chili, of course.
Mark your calendar
If you’re ready to enter, simply DM us on Facebook. We’ll add your name to the list and make sure you understand all contest rules and details. If you’re not entering the competition, mark your calendars anyway – it’s a fun (and delicious) afternoon at the store, and we need customers votes to help crown a winner!
Thanks for reading – we’ll see you at the VG Meats Chili Bowl on February 2nd!