Congratulations again to Jay Filiatrault, our 2019 VG Meats Chili Bowl winner! Here is Jay’s delicious recipe – let us know if you try making it yourself!
– 2lbs of VG Meats lean ground beef, browned and excess grease drained
– 2 540ml cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 398ml cans of baked beans with maple syrup or molasses
– 1 can of tomato paste
– 2 680ml cans of tomato sauce
– 1 large white onion, chopped
– 1 large green pepper, chopped
– 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
Sauté the onion, green pepper and mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 5/8 cup of chili seasoning mix and 5 tablespoons of sriracha sauce. Add all ingredients into large pot and mix together well. Cover and simmer on stove for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and enjoy.