A person who is responsible for maintaining and improving our quality and food safety system. This position requires training, testing, inspecting and enforcing the food safety system. On a daily basis, your co-workers will count on your food safety and quality knowledge to ensure we are getting high quality, safe products to the customer.
You will need to:
- Train existing and new staff on the processes and procedures established.
- Inspect the team’s ability to produce the highest quality products.
- Enforce standard procedures where they are not being followed and oversee that corrective actions are being followed.
- Complete your own quality measurements (Warner Bratzler Shear Force Testing, micro testing, leaker testing, shelf life testing, etc).
- Lead the traceability program and help it become more valuable to the consumer.
- Prepare for audits and inspection that are conducted by customers and government.
- Look at operations with a critical eye and identify activities that create risk.
- Conduct your work in a way that is consistent with lean manufacturing.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and able to have difficult conversations.
- Possess great attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
- Access risk regularly and consistently.
You should have:
- A degree in Food Science or a related discipline
- 5 years of experience in food-related quality assurance role
- Excellent organizational, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance programs, HACCP systems and SOPs
- Proficiency in various software
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills .
- Previous QA and R&D experience in the meat industry is an asset