Online Store Manager
Location: Simcoe and/or Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Posted Date: March 24, 2020
- Positions Available: 1-2
- Terms of Employment: Full Time
- Expected Hiring Date: Within 3 Days
Please apply by filling out this form.
VG Meats is experiencing unprecedented demand at this time. We are looking for an exceptional online store manager to join our team and facilitate processes relating to our e-commerce website. While this position involves managing the online component of our retail stores, it is NOT a remote position.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of getting high quality food to consumers, both in this challenging time and beyond. They will place a high value on accuracy, customer service, teamwork and problem solving. This individual will excel at taking orders and managing related activities (planning deliveries, managing inventory levels, customer service, team leadership, etc). Ideally, they will share our passion for regenerative agriculture and be able to explain the VG Meats model and value system to customers as needed.
A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required for this position.
About VG Meats
VG Meats is dedicated to producing high quality, healthy foods through regenerative farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness tested beef, pork and pastured poultry that our customers love. In addition to meat and prepared foods, our retail locations carry a variety of local cheese, condiments and related products. VG Meats is proud to be an Ontario food producer using innovative farming processes to ensure that the animals and the land are treated with integrity and respect.
The Online Sales Manager (online manager) is responsible for all sales and the supporting activities related to (though not exclusive to) our online sales platform. The current situation has put a lot of pressure on our online platform. We anticipate dramatic growth in this part of our business in the coming weeks.
The online manager will be responsible for a number of leadership, communication and logistical responsibilities. This includes greeting customers, answering product questions, offering assistance to new and returning customers, suggesting items and providing recommendations for substitution when a product is not available. The online manager will initiate problem solving with co-workers to get stocked when a product runs out.
Our team must deliver outstanding customer service. The online manager will be responsible for keeping track of inventory and managing the website to reflect that, assisting in the display of merchandise of our retail stores, organizing the selling floor and stock areas and stepping into other areas of the business as needed (packaging meat products, taking inventory, following sanitation processes). Keeping a clean workplace is critical, as is contributing to the overall health and safety of our stores.
The online manager must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. This means maintaining a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm, reflecting the store’s commitment to our customers. The online manager will develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate information to the customer. They must stay current with promotional events and sales.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices; a willingness to learn and advance these skills
- Strong english language skills (proficiency in verbal and written communications)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics/requirements
- Ability to multitask while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Customer service focus; enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Excellent dependability, attention to detail and time management skills
- Driven to consistently learn and improve while motivating our team to do the same
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- High school diploma or equivalent; college diploma preferred
- Post-secondary qualifications in marketing or a related field would be a plus
Employment position is offered on a full time basis.
Please apply by filling out this form.