- Posted Date: April 1, 2018
- Positions Available: 6
- Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
- Experience: Experience an asset
- Working Hours: 40 hour/week
- Starting Wage: $15.00/hour
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 1-519-426-0063.
Busy meat producing and processing company from Simcoe, Ontario, immediately requires six (6) beef cattle farm workers for work on our cattle farm in Cayuga.
This is a full time position, offered at 40 hrs a week with a salary of $15.00 hr.
Ideal candidate should have some previous or current work experience in farming, however, not a mandatory.
No education requirements.
Duties and responsibilities are:
- Prepare, mix and measure daily feed rations
- Distribute daily feed rations
- Identify sick animals and determine proper treatment or contact a veterinarian
- Assist in breeding programs including artificial inseminations and synchronization
- Transport cattle to market, Assist in the branding and tagging of calves
- Assist in vaccination programs
- Maintain and build fences
- Maintain equipment
- Understand current beef markets
- Maintain high standards of animal welfare
- May be required to do additional farm related duties